Wednesday 25 September 2013

Garnier Skin Perfector BB cream

What is a BB cream?
 “BB cream stands for blemish balm, blemish base, beblesh balm (apparently because of a trademark in Korea on the word "blemish"), and in Western markets, beauty balm. It is a cosmetic item sold mainly in East and Southeast Asia, although larger beauty brands are increasingly introducing BB creams to Western markets.
BB cream is promoted as an all-in-one facial cosmetic product to replace serum, moisturizer, primer, foundation and sun block. It can be worn alone as a tinted moisturizer, over serum and moisturizer as a regular foundation, and under powder, depending on the desired amount of coverage. “- Information courtesy- Wikipedia
The new trend of BB creams in the west has happened o spread in the east as well. Different brands like maybelline,garnier,lakme etc. are coming up with their versions of this so hyped miracle creams. While so long I personally have always avoided using base make-up product mainly because I hate that purposely made-up look and did not have the patience to browse through cosmetic shops in search of the right shade, this particular creams had a appeal in their own terms. I had the impression that they are not as heavy as actual foundations, compacts and the similar products, suitable for daily wear and comes with sun protection usually. I was quite apprehensive about trying a Garnier cream because the last time I used one(A couple of years ago. I was also my first ever experience with garnier products. It was a fairness cream by them.Sorry,that I don’t remember the exact name)I had a very bad pimple breakout along with itchy red marks! But who wouldn’t be charmed watching Deepika’s flawless look on the ads and her claim that all credit goes to garnier BB creams?So,I finally made up my mind and gave it a try, casting aside all my fears.And I must say, I am totally satisfied this time. Garnier does have some tall claims about their so-called “miracle” cream.
The following link will tell us exactly what Garnier claims about their newly launched BB cream.
Quantity-18g,Price-INR99
Quantity-30g,Price-INR199




The packaging:
The product comes in a deep shimmery beige broad tube with a white cap, inside a black and beige carton that is doubly packed. I find the packaging quite classic. The typical garnier logo printed at the top,itselt on the tube there is the claim that it ‘instantly perfects skin’. It has SPF 24.However,I did not find any claim about UVB protection which is sad. The nozzle is long and has a very tiny opening. This is very helpful in regulating the amount of cream to be used.
The Texture,smell,direction of use:
The texture of the cream is neither very runny nor too thick.It has a warm flesh tint.The smell is the typical garnier smell but pleasant enough for me.A small blob is enough as the product spreads pretty easily. The application is also very simple. All you have to do is, dot about 6 dots all over your face and with light circular strokes spread the cream from the bridges of your nose to the outer sides of your cheeks.
Staying power and suitability according to skin types:
I have oily skin type. While my t-zone produce enough oil to cook four square meals daily, rest of my face is comparatively similar to normal skin. On applying the cream(just the cream and no powder or anything to set it) I have seen it stay put for maximum of 4hrs which I feel is quite good given that nothing survives on my skin. It also controls sweating and does not bleed. However I suppose those who have dry and normal skin will require a moisturizer underneath. It imparts a natural glow minus the cakey made up look so common with foundation and compacts and powder-the list is endless. So it is very suitable for daily wear, I particularly find it helpful in college and emergency outings. Maybe because I have oily skin, it makes my face look shiny specially at the T-zone after couple of hours. Then slight blotting with a cotton napkin is enough. It is waterproof too, to some extent as I had got moderately wet in the rain on my way to college one day but still the glow resided.However,it did irritate my skin for a few minutes after application for the first few times after I had bought the cream. The smell doesn’t linger too long. It dramatically evens out the skin a lot and covers up minute blemishes but for deeper marks, it is insufficient. It is travel friendly as the packaging is quite sturdy and compact. The only negative that I have found is the slight irritation I experienced and a single shade that limits it to few people. This is how it appears on me after application:

before application
after application
PROS:
·         Suitable as daily wear.
·         Average coverage without any cakey look
·         Budget-friendly
·         Travel friendly
·         Imparts radiant glow
·         Contains SPF
·         Easily Available
·         Blends well
·         Cute and easy-to-use packaging
CONS:
·         Experienced slight irritation
·         The smell might be revolting to some people.
·         Becomes slightly shiny after couple of hours on oily skin.
·         Only one shade launced in India

Recommendation:
Yes,I would recommend it to anyone who is in search of a sheer base make-up.
Rate:4/5
This is all for today. I hope you found the article useful. Do leave your comments that are invaluable as opinions to me.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment